lining up image with text

Discussion in 'HTML' started by freemont, Oct 29, 2007.

  1. freemont

    freemont Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/2awmg8

    What else is new? Looks ok in Opera and Konq, but not IE or (surprisingly)
    FF.

    I wish for the items with buttons to show the image lined up with the text
    in the <dt>. Solving with margins only messes it up in the browsers it
    looks ok in now. I could place the items in the <dt> into a table, and
    they'd line up perfectly, but then I'd have a block element inside an
    inline element, which is a no-no. And I don't wanna stickem in no stinkin
    table anyway.

    Little things like this drive me nuts. I need help.

    HELLLLP!

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·..·¯`·-> freemont <-·¯`·..·¯

    freemont, Oct 29, 2007

  2. freemont

    Els Guest

    freemont wrote:

    > http://tinyurl.com/2awmg8

    > I wish for the items with buttons to show the image lined up with the text
    > in the <dt>. Solving with margins only messes it up in the browsers it
    > looks ok in now. I could place the items in the <dt> into a table, and
    > they'd line up perfectly, but then I'd have a block element inside an
    > inline element, which is a no-no. And I don't wanna stickem in no stinkin
    > table anyway.

    Switch the order of the right floated image and the left-aligned text.
    (and then play with line-height and padding)

    > Little things like this drive me nuts. I need help.

    :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Oct 29, 2007

  3. freemont

    freemont Guest

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:18:55 +0100, Els writ:

    > Switch the order of the right floated image and the left-aligned text.

    heheh... yep!

    Four eyes are better than two. :)

    Thank you so much, Els!

    freemont, Oct 29, 2007
  4. freemont wrote:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2awmg8
    >
    > What else is new? Looks ok in Opera and Konq, but not IE or (surprisingly)
    > FF.
    >
    > I wish for the items with buttons to show the image lined up with the text
    > in the <dt>. Solving with margins only messes it up in the browsers it
    > looks ok in now. I could place the items in the <dt> into a table, and
    > they'd line up perfectly, but then I'd have a block element inside an
    > inline element, which is a no-no. And I don't wanna stickem in no stinkin
    > table anyway.
    >
    > Little things like this drive me nuts. I need help.
    >
    > HELLLLP!

    Change from:

    ..button {
    border:none;