    me. I want to go from a non-frames page to open a frameset and then to open
    a specific url into the bottom frame. TIA for any assistance.

    Bob Green
    B.G., Dec 30, 2003

  2. B.G.

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > I know I've done this in the past, but dang, I forget how I did it! If you
    > know how its done, I'd sure appreciate it if you would share that info with
    > me. I want to go from a non-frames page to open a frameset and then to open
    > a specific url into the bottom frame. TIA for any assistance.

    Pass the addy with the url (query string) and load the frameset
    dynamically. This is best done with server-side tech, not javascript.

    ~kaeli~
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
    from magic.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Dec 30, 2003

  3. David Dorward, Dec 30, 2003
  4. B.G.

    B.G. Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    > B.G. wrote:
    >
    > > I know I've done this in the past, but dang, I forget how I did it!

    > So you keep saying...
    >
    > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html
    >
    > --
    > David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    Yup, I would typically crosspost, but I didn't think about this group until
    after I had posted the first one in the webmasters group.
    B.G., Dec 30, 2003