linking emails received to database records

John South

Hi

I've an Asp.net application (C#, SQL server) that enables emails to
be sent to contact names and stores the email details against the
contact records.

The email replies come back to MS Outlook on the clients machine (the
one with browser).

I'd like to capture the incoming email details and use them to create
an email-received record linked to the contact record on the hosted
SQL database.

Any ideas how it could be done?
I guess I need to create an export record (XML?) from MS Outlook and
somehow send it to the web host for processing.