links on page not visible on some browsers - what to do?

BBK

I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
reproduce this problem.

I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
http://focusline.com/test/

I'd appreciate if some of the folks who peruse alt.html could check this
out in different browsers and see if they have the same problem and/or
possibly know what could be causing this. I am stumped...

Thanks in advance-
BBK

Nick Theodorakis

I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
reproduce this problem.

I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
http://focusline.com/test/

Beats me. Using a Win98 system, I tested in IE5.5, Nestcape 4.08,
Netscape 6.1, Mozilla 1.4, Opera 6, Opera 7, and Lynx 2.8. It works in
all of them.

Nick

Denise Enck

BBK said:
I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
reproduce this problem.

I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
http://focusline.com/test/

I'd appreciate if some of the folks who peruse alt.html could check this
out in different browsers and see if they have the same problem and/or
possibly know what could be causing this. I am stumped...

Thanks in advance-
BBK

What browsers don't they show up on? I see them on IE6, Mozilla 1.4. and
7.02.

Mark Jones

BBK said:
I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
reproduce this problem.

I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
http://focusline.com/test/

I'd appreciate if some of the folks who peruse alt.html could check this
out in different browsers and see if they have the same problem and/or
possibly know what could be causing this. I am stumped...
Try explicitly specifying the link colors.

Maybe the links are being displayed as white on the white
background for some reason.

Anthony Buckland

Mark said:
Try explicitly specifying the link colors.

Maybe the links are being displayed as white on the white
background for some reason.

One way to test this would be to ask a client or two to pass their mice over
the area where the link is supposed to appear, and see if the address turns
up on the information bar, whereever that is on their browser, or to
click on
the appropriate place (assuming you don't have different links close
together).