    possibly know what could be causing this. I am stumped...

    Thanks in advance-
    BBK
    BBK, Oct 6, 2003

  2. On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:36:22 GMT, BBK <""betsy\"@NOSPAMmind-site.com
    remove NOSPAM> wrote:

    >I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
    >people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
    >not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
    >is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
    >reproduce this problem.
    >
    >I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
    >http://focusline.com/test/

    Beats me. Using a Win98 system, I tested in IE5.5, Nestcape 4.08,
    Netscape 6.1, Mozilla 1.4, Opera 6, Opera 7, and Lynx 2.8. It works in
    all of them.

    Nick

    --
    Nick Theodorakis

    nicholas_theodorakis [at] urmc [dot] rochester [dot] edu
    Nick Theodorakis, Oct 6, 2003

  3. BBK

    Denise Enck Guest

    "BBK" <""betsy\"@NOSPAMmind-site.com remove NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
    > people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
    > not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
    > is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
    > reproduce this problem.
    >
    > I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
    > http://focusline.com/test/
    >
    > I'd appreciate if some of the folks who peruse alt.html could check this
    > out in different browsers and see if they have the same problem and/or
    > possibly know what could be causing this. I am stumped...
    >
    > Thanks in advance-
    > BBK

    What browsers don't they show up on? I see them on IE6, Mozilla 1.4. and
    7.02.
    Denise Enck, Oct 6, 2003
  4. BBK

    Mark Jones Guest

    > I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
    > people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
    > not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
    > is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
    > reproduce this problem.
    >
    > I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
    > http://focusline.com/test/
    >
    > I'd appreciate if some of the folks who peruse alt.html could check this
    > out in different browsers and see if they have the same problem and/or
    > possibly know what could be causing this. I am stumped...

    Try explicitly specifying the link colors.

    Maybe the links are being displayed as white on the white
    background for some reason.
    Mark Jones, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Mark Jones wrote:

    >"BBK" <""betsy\"@NOSPAMmind-site.com remove NOSPAM> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've been sending people to a page for them to clink on a link, and many
    >>people have claimed that they cannot see any links at all - the links do
    >>not even show up on the page (not that they don't work - the linked text
    >>is simply missing). The page validates fine and I cannot seem to
    >>reproduce this problem.
    >>
    >>I have reproduced the page for everyone to check out at:
    >>http://focusline.com/test/
    >>
    >>I'd appreciate if some of the folks who peruse alt.html could check this
    >>out in different browsers and see if they have the same problem and/or
    >>possibly know what could be causing this. I am stumped...
    >>

    >Try explicitly specifying the link colors.
    >
    >Maybe the links are being displayed as white on the white
    >background for some reason.

    One way to test this would be to ask a client or two to pass their mice over
    the area where the link is supposed to appear, and see if the address turns
    up on the information bar, whereever that is on their browser, or to
    click on
    the appropriate place (assuming you don't have different links close
    together).
    Anthony Buckland, Oct 6, 2003