list of certications in C language

jacob navia

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
HI
can any one provide me the list of certifications in 'C' language
Go to the local university and follow a class.

There are many private companies that give classes in C.

But if you mean Microsoft certifications that would
be highly unlikely.

santosh

HI
can any one provide me the list of certifications in 'C' language

I guess you're from India. Cheap certifications a two a penny here.
Enroll yourself in any one of the innumerable "institutes" and stick
around until you're handed your paper. A marginally better option is to
do a degree course, but cheap colleges also abound.

I suggest that you buy a copy of "The C Programming Language" (second
edition) by Kernighan and Ritchie and work your way through and follow
and participate in this group. This'll teach you the best practises of
C. Then go out and get a certification just for the official seal, but
don't take what they teach you seriously.

I may seem to be harsh but recently, I got a chance to peruse the
instructional material for the C course in what's widely considered, in
India, to be one of the best "institutes", (certainly the oldest), for
computer certifications, and I was devastated. Included are just about
everything that's frowned upon as bad C and programming practise here
and in respected books like K&R2.

I can only hope that the situation is better for more popular, (read
lucrative), courses like Java, but I seriously doubt it.

It escapes me how the prime minister can claim that the country is an
IT hub or some such nonsense.

p_cricket_guy

santosh said:
I guess you're from India. Cheap certifications a two a penny here.
Enroll yourself in any one of the innumerable "institutes" and stick
around until you're handed your paper. A marginally better option is to
do a degree course, but cheap colleges also abound.

Typically, Institutes package C with Unix and provide a combined
course. Most of the times, students are confused and believe that
Unix specific C APIs are part of the standard C.
I suggest that you buy a copy of "The C Programming Language" (second
edition) by Kernighan and Ritchie and work your way through and follow
and participate in this group.

Unfortunately, most popular C books here are:
1. "Let us C" by Vijay Mukhi (AFAIK this assumes that readers use
M$ DOS)
2. "C" by Balagurusamy
3. "Understanding Pointers in C" by Y. Kanetkar
4. Schaum's Series 'C' book

I am not sure if these books teach the correct stuff. However, they
might cover some typical entry level Interview/Exam questions
though. I would be obliged if somebody who has read those books
could provide a review.

<-- snipped -->

Sharath

There aren't any such internationally known certifications for C
language. I think its because its not a proprietary language such as
Java(Sun) or any of the .Net languages (Microsoft).
Typically, Institutes package C with Unix and provide a combined
course. Most of the times, students are confused and believe that
Unix specific C APIs are part of the standard C.

Unfortunately, most popular C books here are:
1. "Let us C" by Vijay Mukhi (AFAIK this assumes that readers use
M$ DOS)

<OT>
The author of "Let us C" is not Vijay Mukhi, its Yashwant Kanetkar. I
believe this book is one of the major reason behind why students in
India are still stuck with Turbo C/C++(for DOS) compilers. Even though
most of us here have good enough systems running on Windows OS, they
are just not made aware earlier enough that there are much better
compilers around.
</OT>