    I have 6000 records to bind on the listbox. It is very slow. Can anyone
    suggest a better option.
    I have this listbox in a picklist design.

    EDom, Aug 9, 2005

  2. have a look at
    http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

    from what I can gather they are using AJAX to get client side javascript to
    call a web service. (This makes the whole thing more dynamic)
    You could write a simple web service which accepts a string uses it to do a
    'word%' type sql filtered search and would only return relevant rows as some
    kind of delimited string and use javascript to populate the list box

    Another option would be to have a popup window which allows you to search
    the list , the datagrid returned when clicked would pass the Text and Value
    back to the parent window. This would be kind of like those popup calendar
    controls

    Cheers

    Felix

    =?Utf-8?B?Rng=?=, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Obviously, you need to introduce a sort of hierarchy in the design.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Aug 9, 2005