LiveConnect writing to wrong field.

Alan Pocklington

Hi,

I've created a Java Applet that allows the user to select a record. As the
user makes the selection, the applet uses LiveConnect (JSObject) to write
the record id to a html field (the name of which is passed in to the applet
as an arg).

This all works fine, but now I have two instances of the same applet
running on a page, both linked to different HTML fields so that making a
selection from applet 1 updates html field 1, a selection from applet 2
updates html field 2. This works for 90% of the time. However, on the odd
occasion one of the applets will write to the other applet's field (and the
other will continue to work normally). Refresh the page and everything
works fine again.

I'm not sure why this is happening and it is driving me crazy! I wondered
if anyone else has run into the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan.