"Load Report Failed." error... cryptic and evasive...

Roy

Hey all,

I have a VB App which uses the bundled version of Crystal Reports for
VS.NET 2003. It works fine in when I run it using VS *but* when I
deploy it anywhere
(including the development PC itself) it won't load a report and
displays the cryptic "Load Report Failed" error. It's frustrating. Why
would it work great on my machine using the VS "Start" option, but fail
to work when I try to run it as an executable?

I've loaded the 4 merge modules specified on crystal reports support
site into the deployment project...what am I missing?

Thanks!

Roy

Ok. I've added
1.) the default 4 crystal report merge modules needed
2.) atl.msm
3.) every single dll in the "program files\common files\crystal
reports\" folder to my deployment project.
4.) all 5 groups (primary output, localized resources, debug symbols,
content files, source files) in the "Add Project Output Group" to my
deployment project's application folder.
5.) and I've reinstalled .net framework 1.1 sdk and vj# 1.1
redistributable on the machines.

I'm banging my head against the wall here. Anyone have any ideas at
all? Again, I can run the app (and view the reports) just fine within
V.S., but after creating an msi and installing it doesn't display
reports (even on the same development machine)...

Clearly something must be getting left out in the process of moving
from a raw vs.net project to a live .msi file but i'll be darned if I
can figure out what it is?