    I try, it simply errors out with 'Load Report Fails". Does anybody know how
    I can get around this problem and get the application to point at the remote
    reports and not error out?

    =?Utf-8?B?aHVicmlzdGljYm9i?=, Mar 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?aHVicmlzdGljYm9i?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    I suspect you're failing because the user that the ASP.NET code is running
    as doesn't have permissions across the network to the resoucres you're trying
    to access. If you're running under IIS5 (W2K) then you will need to change
    the identity of the worker process in machine.config in the <processModel>
    element to a network/domain account that does have read permissions for the
    network resource. If you're running under IIS6 (W2K3) and under ActiveDirectory
    then all you need to do is grant the necessary permissions to the network
    resource to the MACHINE$ account where MACHINE is the W2K3 server's name.
    If you're not running under AD then you need to change the identity of the
    AppPool to an account that does have access tot he resources. This is done
    on the "Identity" tab once you have the properties for the AppPool (again
    in IIS). I'd suggest making a new AppPool is you're taking this last approach.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 17, 2005