    Thanks in advance.

    With best regards,
    Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 6, 2009

  2. Fokke Nauta

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open the same
    > page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a problem, but I
    > want each link to open that page with another iframe loading. So - for
    > example - the 1st link on main.htm opens index2.htm, which loads
    > 3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links on main.htm opens index2.htm as
    > well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm in the iframe. And so on.
    > Can this be done? And if so, how can I manage this?

    I doubt it with a straight HTML solution. But it is rather early in the
    morning for me. <g>

    You could:

    1. Have as many index2.htm's as there are links on main.htm.
    index2_1.htm, index2_2.htm, index2_3.htm. Each of latter has a different
    iFrame content specified.

    2. If you control the iFrames, have no index2_1.htm's at all. You put
    all the links (that need different iFrame content) on main inside all
    the iFrames. That means just the iframe changes, just what you want

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 6, 2009

  3. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open the
    >> same
    >> page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a problem, but I
    >> want each link to open that page with another iframe loading. So - for
    >> example - the 1st link on main.htm opens index2.htm, which loads
    >> 3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links on main.htm opens index2.htm
    >> as
    >> well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm in the iframe. And so on.
    >> Can this be done? And if so, how can I manage this?
    >>

    > I doubt it with a straight HTML solution. But it is rather early in the
    > morning for me. <g>

    Goodmorning then :)
    Javascript, I guess.

    > You could:
    >
    > 1. Have as many index2.htm's as there are links on main.htm.
    > index2_1.htm, index2_2.htm, index2_3.htm. Each of latter has a different
    > iFrame content specified.

    Yeah, that's the way I am doing this right now.
    But I thought there should be a better solution.

    > 2. If you control the iFrames, have no index2_1.htm's at all. You put
    > all the links (that need different iFrame content) on main inside all
    > the iFrames. That means just the iframe changes, just what you want

    No, I need to have that 2nd page.

    > --
    > dorayme

    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 7, 2009
  4. Fokke Nauta

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:32:42 +0200, "Fokke Nauta" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open the same
    >page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a problem, but I
    >want each link to open that page with another iframe loading. So - for
    >example - the 1st link on main.htm opens index2.htm, which loads
    >3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links on main.htm opens index2.htm as
    >well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm in the iframe. And so on.
    >Can this be done? And if so, how can I manage this?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >With best regards,
    >Fokke Nauta

    I think I understand what you are looking for.

    The trick is, in your links. If you have one iframe and want each link
    to open a seperate page inside it, then all you do is change the
    "src=" to that page. Then "target=nameofiframe" will be the same for
    each one.

    google</a>

    <iframe name="myiframe"></iframe>

    richard, Apr 7, 2009
  5. Fokke Nauta

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > I think I understand what you are looking for.

    Not sure you do?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 7, 2009
  6. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:32:42 +0200, "Fokke Nauta" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open the
    >>same
    >>page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a problem, but I
    >>want each link to open that page with another iframe loading. So - for
    >>example - the 1st link on main.htm opens index2.htm, which loads
    >>3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links on main.htm opens index2.htm
    >>as
    >>well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm in the iframe. And so on.
    >>Can this be done? And if so, how can I manage this?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >>With best regards,
    >>Fokke Nauta
    >>

    > I think I understand what you are looking for.
    >
    > The trick is, in your links. If you have one iframe and want each link
    > to open a seperate page inside it, then all you do is change the
    > "src=" to that page. Then "target=nameofiframe" will be the same for
    > each one.

    > google</a>
    >
    > <iframe name="myiframe"></iframe>

    Thanks, but that was not what I was looking for.
    This is not the problem
    What I want is as follows:
    I have a page, the 1st page. This page contains a few links.
    Each links opens the same second page. This is not a problem.
    But the 2nd page has an iframe. And I want this 2nd page to open a 3rd page
    inside the iframe. These 3rd pages are all different. This page must be
    specified by the link on the 1st page.
    So when I click on the 1st link on the 1st page, the 2nd page opens with the
    1st third page in the iframe.
    When I click on the 2nd link on the 1st page, the 2nd page opens with the
    2nd third page in the iframe.

    I hope I made myself clear now.

    Regards,
    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 7, 2009
  7. Fokke Nauta

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 06 Apr 2009, "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open
    > the same page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a
    > problem, but I want each link to open that page with another iframe
    > index2.htm, which loads 3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links
    > on main.htm opens index2.htm as well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm
    > in the iframe. And so on. Can this be done? And if so, how can I
    > manage this?

    Basic javascript solution:

    http://www.neredbojias.net/_dem/main.html

    (View/Source for markup.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.

    Neredbojias, Apr 7, 2009
  8. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    > On 06 Apr 2009, "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open
    >> the same page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a
    >> problem, but I want each link to open that page with another iframe
    >> index2.htm, which loads 3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links
    >> on main.htm opens index2.htm as well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm
    >> in the iframe. And so on. Can this be done? And if so, how can I
    >> manage this?

    > Basic javascript solution:
    >
    > http://www.neredbojias.net/_dem/main.html
    >
    > (View/Source for markup.)
    >
    > --
    > Neredbojias
    > People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    > http://www.neredbojias.org/
    > http://www.neredbojias.net/

    Hi Neredbojias,

    Thanks very much. This is exactly what I meant. Great!!
    I'm not familiar with javascriopt, only a very basic knowledge.
    Once again, thanks!

    With best regards,
    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 7, 2009
  9. Fokke Nauta

    > On 06 Apr 2009, "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open
    >> the same page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a
    >> problem, but I want each link to open that page with another iframe
    >> index2.htm, which loads 3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links
    >> on main.htm opens index2.htm as well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm
    >> in the iframe. And so on. Can this be done? And if so, how can I
    >> manage this?

    > Basic javascript solution:
    >
    > http://www.neredbojias.net/_dem/main.html
    >
    > (View/Source for markup.)
    >
    > --
    > Neredbojias
    > People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    > http://www.neredbojias.org/
    > http://www.neredbojias.net/

    Hi,

    I turned your script into this (see underneath) and it worked!
    You can find it on www.fokkenauta.nl

    Cheers,
    Fokke

    <script type="text/javascript">

    var s;

    if (location.search.slice(1)=='a') {
    s='computerdocent.htm';
    } else if (location.search.slice(1)=='b') {
    s='cursusoverzicht.htm';
    } else if (location.search.slice(1)=='c') {
    s='opmaat.htm';
    } else if (location.search.slice(1)=='d') {
    s='fokke.htm';
    } else if (location.search.slice(1)=='e') {
    s='contact.htm';
    }

    if (location.search.slice(1)=='e') {
    document.write('<div><iframe id="ifr" src="' + s + '" scrolling="auto"
    ALLOWTRANSPARENCY> <\/iframe><\/div>');
    } else {
    document.write('<div><iframe id="ifr" src="' + s + '" scrolling="auto"
    style="FILTER: chroma(color=#fffffe)" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY>
    <\/iframe><\/div>');
    }

    </script>

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 7, 2009
  10. Fokke Nauta

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:06:07 +0200, "Fokke Nauta" <>
    wrote:

    >"Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    >> On 06 Apr 2009, "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open
    >>> the same page (index2.htm) which contains an iframe. This is not a
    >>> problem, but I want each link to open that page with another iframe
    >>> index2.htm, which loads 3rdpage_1.htm in the iframe.. The 2nd links
    >>> on main.htm opens index2.htm as well, but loading with 3rdpage_2.htm
    >>> in the iframe. And so on. Can this be done? And if so, how can I
    >>> manage this?

    >> Basic javascript solution:
    >>
    >> http://www.neredbojias.net/_dem/main.html
    >>
    >> (View/Source for markup.)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Neredbojias
    >> People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    >> http://www.neredbojias.org/
    >> http://www.neredbojias.net/

    >Hi,
    >
    >I turned your script into this (see underneath) and it worked!
    >You can find it on www.fokkenauta.nl
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Fokke

    Do not understand why you need all that crap just to do a simple
    frameset.

    richard, Apr 7, 2009
  11. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    >>> http://www.neredbojias.net/

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I turned your script into this (see underneath) and it worked!
    >>You can find it on www.fokkenauta.nl
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>Fokke
    >>

    > Do not understand why you need all that crap just to do a simple
    > frameset.

    I wanted to use an iframe, not a frame.

    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 7, 2009
  12. Fokke Nauta

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:47:20 +0200, "Fokke Nauta" <>
    wrote:

    >"richard" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:06:07 +0200, "Fokke Nauta" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Neredbojias" <> wrote in message

    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I turned your script into this (see underneath) and it worked!
    >>>You can find it on www.fokkenauta.nl
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>Fokke
    >>>

    >> Do not understand why you need all that crap just to do a simple
    >> frameset.
    >>

    >I wanted to use an iframe, not a frame.
    >
    >Fokke

    Then get rid of the frameset.
    Use a single page and put the iframe on that page.

    <head>
    </head>

    links
    blah blah
    <iframe src="" name=""></iframe>

    richard, Apr 7, 2009
  13. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed richard <>
    writing in news::

    > On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:47:20 +0200, "Fokke Nauta" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"richard" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:06:07 +0200, "Fokke Nauta"

    <>

    open

    iframe

    links

    2.htm

    >>> Do not understand why you need all that crap just to do a simple
    >>> frameset.
    >>>

    >>I wanted to use an iframe, not a frame.
    >>
    >>Fokke
    >>

    > Then get rid of the frameset.
    > Use a single page and put the iframe on that page.

    ><head>
    ></head>
    >
    > links
    > blah blah
    ><iframe src="" name=""></iframe>

    Richard, are you really that dense? Did you read ANY of this thread?
    The OP is not talking about a frameset, he is talking about an iframe on
    a single page.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Apr 7, 2009
  14. Fokke Nauta

    rf Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed richard <>
    > writing in news::
    >
    >> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:47:20 +0200, "Fokke Nauta"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> I wanted to use an iframe, not a frame.
    >>>
    >>> Fokke
    >>>

    >> Then get rid of the frameset.
    >> Use a single page and put the iframe on that page.

    >> <head>
    >> </head>
    >>
    >> links
    >> blah blah
    >> <iframe src="" name=""></iframe>
    >>

    > Richard, are you really that dense? Did you read ANY of this thread?
    > The OP is not talking about a frameset, he is talking about an iframe
    > on a single page.

    Remarkabe as it seems Richard is actually correct on this one. The page at
    www.fokkenauta.nl is a frameset. Totally unneeded though, only one actual
    used frame and one empty one. On drilling down though the source code is
    atrocious.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Apr 7, 2009
  15. Fokke Nauta

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 21:44:20 GMT, Adrienne Boswell <>
    wrote:

    >Gazing into my crystal ball I observed richard <>
    >writing in news::
    >
    >> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:47:20 +0200, "Fokke Nauta" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"richard" <> wrote in message

    ><>

    >open

    >iframe

    >links

    >2.htm

    >>>I wanted to use an iframe, not a frame.
    >>>
    >>>Fokke
    >>>

    >> Then get rid of the frameset.
    >> Use a single page and put the iframe on that page.

    >><head>
    >></head>
    >>
    >> links
    >> blah blah
    >><iframe src="" name=""></iframe>
    >>

    >Richard, are you really that dense? Did you read ANY of this thread?
    >The OP is not talking about a frameset, he is talking about an iframe on
    >a single page.

    Obviously you didn't bother to look at the page he cited.
    In which he used a standard frameset.
    The only mention of an iframe was in the JS.

    richard, Apr 8, 2009
  16. Fokke Nauta

    dorayme Guest

    In article <WRQCl.1644$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > The page at
    > www.fokkenauta.nl is a frameset. Totally unneeded though, only one actual
    > used frame and one empty one. On drilling down though the source code is
    > atrocious.

    OP might be interested to raise these issues here before going in for
    javascript solutions and digging deeper holes or is it fitting the
    Titanic with some last minute frills? <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 8, 2009
  17. Fokke Nauta

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 07 Apr 2009, "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote:

    >>> I have a page (main.htm) with a few links. I want each link to open

    snip
    >> Basic javascript solution:

    snip
    > I turned your script into this (see underneath) and it worked!
    > You can find it on www.fokkenauta.nl

    snip

    Javascript is a very versatile and useful language whose power has been
    abused in the past. Safeguards have been increasingly added over the
    years, but, unfortunately, there are still those out there who would
    use it intrusively or downright maliciously. One thing to remember:
    visitors to your site may have it turned off so your page should be
    adequately prepared to deal with that.

    Anyway, best wishes on your endeavor, Nederlander, and I hope you don't
    get any splinters in your feet...

    Neredbojias, Apr 8, 2009
  18. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <WRQCl.1644$>,
    > "rf" <> wrote:
    >
    >> The page at
    >> www.fokkenauta.nl is a frameset. Totally unneeded though, only one actual
    >> used frame and one empty one. On drilling down though the source code is
    >> atrocious.

    > OP might be interested to raise these issues here before going in for
    > javascript solutions and digging deeper holes or is it fitting the
    > Titanic with some last minute frills? <g>
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Please see my other post above. Obviously you are all looking to the wrong
    site as the domain seems not replaced yet.

    www.iae.nl/users/fnauta/fokkenauta is a direct link to the correct site.

    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 8, 2009
  19. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message
    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed richard <>

    <cut>

    >> Richard, are you really that dense? Did you read ANY of this thread?
    >> The OP is not talking about a frameset, he is talking about an iframe
    >> on a single page.

    > Remarkabe as it seems Richard is actually correct on this one. The page at
    > www.fokkenauta.nl is a frameset. Totally unneeded though, only one actual
    > used frame and one empty one. On drilling down though the source code is
    > atrocious.
    >
    > --
    > Richard.

    The page on www.fokkenauta.nl is definitely not a frameset but a page with a
    table. It is exactly what I said I wanted to do.
    But ... The domain www.fokkenauta.nl pointed to my old website, which is a
    frameset indeed. I changed it only yesterday. Could it be that you are still
    looking to my old website?
    The direct link to the website I am talking about is
    www.iae.nl/users/fnauta/fokkenauta

    Please take a look at this one and you will be sure that you have the
    correct site.

    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 8, 2009
  20. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 21:44:20 GMT, Adrienne Boswell <>

    <cut>

    Fokke Nauta, Apr 8, 2009