Jim Heavey

Hello, I have convinced my company to give ASP.Net a try. I have never
loaded anything to a server (Windows 2000) and am looking for some
pointers. Specifically I am looking for advise on the following:

1. Framework software - I see that the framework software can be
downloaded from "Windows Update", but I can not download this due the
policies which are set on my workstation. Is there some place where I can
download this software?

2. Should I load both releases of the software?

3. Will a reboot of the server be required?

4. What should I read about how to set up the .net Framework on this
server?

tomledk

1) You can download version 1.1 of the .NET framework at the following
address:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

2) You can have both version 1.0 and 1.1 installed on your computer but if
you do not have any specific need of the 1.0 version I would recommend you
to install version 1.1 only.

3) No I do not believe so - but make sure to check this by reading the
installation guidelines.

4) Microsoft .NET Framework Developer Center would be a good place to start:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/default.aspx

tomledk :)