local download from CD

Russell Calaby

Hey,

How can i go about showing a user a download dialog which automatically
detects which drive letter the CD drive is and uses that as the default
location to save files from.....

I'm using Flash and need to have a 'localized' version on CD. This will need
a front end through javascript (or similar) to provide users upon a flash
button click , run the javascript (or similar) to download the files to a
user defined location from the CD.
I can only use flash's 'file reference class' when there is online
access..... :(

I know they should just goto explorer theirselves but..... ;}

Any help with this problem would be appreciated

jcsnippets.atspace.com

Any help with this problem would be appreciated

First of all, I do not have a solution for your problem - I know JavaScript,
but I know nothing of flash.

Second, I'd like to point out that Java and JavaScript, although similar in
name, haven't a lot in common. I think you're better off asking this
question in a JavaScript group like comp.lang.javascript - you're more
likely to get an answer there.

Best of luck!

JayCee

Thomas Weidenfeller

I'm using Flash and need to have a 'localized' version on CD. This will need
a front end through javascript (or similar) to provide users upon a flash
button click , run the javascript

Java is not JavaScript. Try a newsgroup where JavaScript is not off-topic.