Local site not copying to deployment server?

David Veeneman

Here's a problem I haven't run into before. I'm testing my site on a remote
server. This morning, I changed an error message in an email, tested it
locally, then used 'Copy Web Site...' to copy the change to the remote
server. When I tested for the error on the remote server, I got the old
error message, not the new one.

I assumed the old code was being cached by the server, so I made a change to
Web.config on the remote server to force a flush of the server cache. When I
tested again, I still got the old error message. I cleared the entire site
and re-uploaded it, using 'Copy Web Site...'. I still got the old error
message.

The change was made in a DLL on my site, so I assumed I was compiling a
release version and linking the web site to an old debug version, even
though that should have shown up in my local testing. I deleted all binaries
from the solution, recompiled the DLL, and linked the web site to the
release version of the DLL. I reuploaded again, and I still got the old
error message.

Has anyone else run into anything like this? Any suggestions? Thanks

David Veeneman
Foresight Systems