Local site not copying to deployment server?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Veeneman, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. Here's a problem I haven't run into before. I'm testing my site on a remote
    server. This morning, I changed an error message in an email, tested it
    locally, then used 'Copy Web Site...' to copy the change to the remote
    server. When I tested for the error on the remote server, I got the old
    error message, not the new one.

    I assumed the old code was being cached by the server, so I made a change to
    Web.config on the remote server to force a flush of the server cache. When I
    tested again, I still got the old error message. I cleared the entire site
    and re-uploaded it, using 'Copy Web Site...'. I still got the old error
    message.

    The change was made in a DLL on my site, so I assumed I was compiling a
    release version and linking the web site to an old debug version, even
    though that should have shown up in my local testing. I deleted all binaries
    from the solution, recompiled the DLL, and linked the web site to the
    release version of the DLL. I reuploaded again, and I still got the old
    error message.

    Has anyone else run into anything like this? Any suggestions? Thanks

    David Veeneman
    Foresight Systems

    David Veeneman, Feb 8, 2007