Local SMTP Server Error

Guest

Hello All
I have just comeacross a problem:
I'm debugging a site on my local computer using Visual Studio.net.
When I send mail it gives error
"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The transport failed to connect
to the server"

Should I configure the SMTP server correctly or there is another problem.

Please help me. I wud be great ful

Guest

Make sure anonymous access is selected in IIS and try again.

For your server option in your code use "localhost" to specifiy your local
smtp server.

regards,

saleemk

Guest

Hello Mr. Saleek

Thank u very much for your advise, I did it but now I don't get any error but:

It don't really send any email to any of internet mail accounts like "yahoo"
or "hotmail".

Anything else wud u please suggest me to correct this problem.

Thanx again Saleek