Localization Guidance Wanted

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rusty Hill, Apr 18, 2007.

  1. Rusty Hill

    Rusty Hill Guest

    I am creating a new ASP.NET 2.0 Web site with that will use language
    localization. I have been doing some reading and am looking for the best
    way to approach this. Here are some of the considerations I am dealing
    with:

    I want to let the user see the correct language based on their browser
    setting when they come to the web site the very first time. Then once they
    have a user name and password for our site if they choose to change the
    default language to see the site in I want to show it to them in that
    language from now on regardless of what their browser settings are.

    I want to be able to separate language from currency. For instance I want
    to let viewers view the site in Spanish but keep the currency in the form
    the entire site uses, say dollars. This way users within a company will all
    use the same currency but may select the language they feel most comfortable
    with.

    Advice, links, samples, etc. would all be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Rusty Hill, Apr 18, 2007