    Does this value get used? Is the used value toggled between this and another
    based on the value of the checkbox? If so, where is the other value set?

    -Ben

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFIu?=, May 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFIu?=

    Jan Hyde Guest

    Ben R. <>'s wild thoughts were released
    on Mon, 15 May 2006 13:28:01 -0700 bearing the following
    fruit:

    >what exactly does this do? does it control whether cookies are persisted
    >between sessions? I aske because the duration a cookie is stored seems to be
    >set in web.config:
    >
    > <authentication mode="Forms">
    > <forms timeout="10368000"/>
    > </authentication>
    >
    >Does this value get used? Is the used value toggled between this and another
    >based on the value of the checkbox? If so, where is the other value set?
    >
    >-Ben

    According to the help it:

    'authentication cookie sent to the user's computer is set to
    expire in 50 years, making it a persistent cookie that will
    be used when the user next visits the Web site. Because the
    authentication cookie will be present on the user's
    computer, the user will be considered already authenticated
    and will not have to log in to the Web site again.'

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    The first scientists who studied fog were mistified. (Mike Bull)

    Jan Hyde, May 16, 2006

  3. Hey Jan,

    Do you think this implies that the setting in web.config is simply
    disregarded when this box is checked?

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFIu?=, May 17, 2006
  4. Hi Ben,

    This is a confirmed bug in MSDN documentation.

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=b
    8145153-843b-42ff-8099-e3e8a8df5405

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Regards,