    Event ID: 1309
    Date: 5/10/2007
    Time: 6:11:16 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: IL-DEV-WB02-VM
    Event code: 3001
    Event message: The request has been aborted.
    Event time: 5/10/2007 6:11:16 PM
    Event time (UTC): 5/10/2007 3:11:16 PM
    Event ID: 4cfcd4295c5d4115920e9cff35ca2bee
    Event sequence: 47
    Event occurrence: 2
    Event detail code: 0

    Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/575119871/ROOT-1-128232663547575962
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: d:\Apps\tutest\
    Machine name: IL-DEV-WB02-VM

    Process information:
    Process ID: 11784
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

    Exception information:
    Exception type: HttpException
    Exception message: Request timed out.

    Request information:
    Request URL:
    http://tutest.mis.amat.com/ToolAdmin/TAAlocation.aspx?Anthem_CallBack=true
    Request path: /ToolAdmin/TAAlocation.aspx
    User host address: 10.201.10.123
    User: 521
    Is authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: Forms
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

    Thread information:
    Thread ID: 1
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace:

    We tried to extend the SciptTimeOut property both in code and IIS, we also
    assured that the Compilation Debug is set to false as needed.

    Still no luck

    Can you please help me

    =?Utf-8?B?SUthdHphdg==?=, May 14, 2007

  2. You can try setting <httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx"/> in the web.config
    file. xxx is in seconds.

    If you have long requests I would rather consider introducing another
    module, possible a Windows service, that would handle long requests. The web
    application would just submit requests for processing.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 14, 2007

  3. Hi,

    Thanks a lot, it works fine.
    I have a question regarding it: In our environment the event exceed 2
    minutes (2-2.5 minutes, without adding <httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx"/>
    to the Web.Config ). In other environment site (2-5 minutes) it works just
    with adding <httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx">. do you have an idea why it
    behaves differently ?

    =?Utf-8?B?VHphbGkgR2Vyc2hnb3Jlbg==?=, May 15, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SUthdHphdg==?=

    gbke

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    executionTimeout is an optional Int32 attribute

    Specifies the maximum number of seconds that a request is allowed to execute before being automatically shut down by ASP.NET.

    This time-out applies only if the debug attribute in the compilation element is False. If the debug attribute is True, to help avoiding application shut-down while you are debugging, do not set this time-out to a large value.

    The default is 110 seconds.

    Note: In the .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1, the default is 90 seconds.

    gbke, Jan 11, 2010