Looking for a newsletter module or component

2

2b|!2b==?

I'm looking for a newsletter component for my ASP.Net website. Ideally,
this should allow me to be able to create newsletters that I can sendout
to subscribers.

Preferably, this component will be open source and in C# (but I'm not
too fussy - if its good, I'm willing to pay for a 3rd party component,
and I'm flexible on the .Net language too). Any suggestions ? (oogle is
not turning up anything useful)

Mark Rae

I'm looking for a newsletter component for my ASP.Net website. Ideally,
this should allow me to be able to create newsletters that I can sendout
to subscribers.

Preferably, this component will be open source and in C# (but I'm not too
fussy - if its good, I'm willing to pay for a 3rd party component, and I'm
flexible on the .Net language too). Any suggestions ? (oogle is not
turning up anything useful)

This doesn't sound like an ASP.NET solution to me...

I maintain several mailing lists for customers, and have a small WinForms
app which does the mailing.

It iterates through the list of email addresses (stored in SQL Server) and
emails each of them individually using System.Net.Mail...

Aidy

This doesn't sound like an ASP.NET solution to me...
I maintain several mailing lists for customers, and have a small WinForms
app which does the mailing.

Ditto only we use a Windows Service. Bulk mailing is not something asp.net
should be doing. If you can guarantee you'll only be mailing around 50-100
people then you could probably get away with it, but you shouldn't.

Mark Rae

Aidy said:
Ditto only we use a Windows Service. Bulk mailing is not something
asp.net should be doing. If you can guarantee you'll only be mailing
around 50-100 people then you could probably get away with it, but you
shouldn't.

Yes, I'm also using a Windows service which runs on a secure site, and I
have a special arrangement with my ISP which allows me to do bulk mailing.

This means that my websites can also use it to send one-off emails e.g. in
response to registration etc...

2

2b|!2b==?

2b|!2b==? said:
I'm looking for a newsletter component for my ASP.Net website. Ideally,
this should allow me to be able to create newsletters that I can sendout
to subscribers.

Preferably, this component will be open source and in C# (but I'm not
too fussy - if its good, I'm willing to pay for a 3rd party component,
and I'm flexible on the .Net language too). Any suggestions ? (oogle is
not turning up anything useful)

Interesting.... Guys could you fill me in some more ..?. I come form a
C/C++/Linux background and my knowledge of .Net is sparce to say the
least. Is there an equivalent of a mailing daemon I can use to automate
the mailing to subscribers ?

Mark Rae

Interesting.... Guys could you fill me in some more ..?. I come form a
C/C++/Linux background and my knowledge of .Net is sparce to say the
least. Is there an equivalent of a mailing daemon I can use to automate
the mailing to subscribers ?

A windows / web service is roughly equivalent to a *nix daemon...

Is this a "corporate" solution? I.e. do you want to send the emails through
your company's mail server...?

If so, you probably don't even need a webservice - just a simple WinForms
app and the System.Net.Mail namespace:
http://www.systemnetmail.com/