Looking for a required eclipse plugin but cannot find it.

Adam Sandler

Hello,

I just downloaded docjar (http://www.docjar.com/) for Eclipse and
etracted it to the plugin directory. When I started Eclipse I didn't
see the new plugin... so I went and looked in Eclipse.log and found
this entry:

!MESSAGE Problems encountered loading the plug-in registry.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 15, 2005 08:22:21.471
!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.docjar" was disabled due to missing or disabled
prerequisite plug-in "org.eclipse.core.expressions".

So I guess I need to get org.eclipse.core.expressions... I've looked at
eclipse.org, http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/, and
http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/. I cannot find the expressions
plugin.

Does anyone know where I can get this needed plugin?

Thanks!

Roland

Hello,

I just downloaded docjar (http://www.docjar.com/) for Eclipse and
etracted it to the plugin directory. When I started Eclipse I didn't
see the new plugin... so I went and looked in Eclipse.log and found
this entry:

!MESSAGE Problems encountered loading the plug-in registry.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Jun 15, 2005 08:22:21.471
!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.docjar" was disabled due to missing or disabled
prerequisite plug-in "org.eclipse.core.expressions".

So I guess I need to get org.eclipse.core.expressions... I've looked at
eclipse.org, http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/, and
http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/. I cannot find the expressions
plugin.

Does anyone know where I can get this needed plugin?

Thanks!
Which version of Eclipse are you running?
On a 3.0.1 installation I have, there is org.eclipse.core.expressions,
but on 3.1RC1&2 there isn't.

Checking the distribution file of 3.0.1...
Yep, it is in the distribution zip file of 3.0.1. Probably also in 3.0.2.
So you could get a 3.0.2 installation. Or, assuming you have a 3.1
installation, you could try to extract the 3.0.2 expressions plugin and
drop it in the 3.1 installation directory. But I'm not sure that would
work though.
Another possibility it to ask the maintainers of docjar to support 3.1
(assuming it's a 3.0-only plugin).
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
` ___ ___

Adam Sandler

Thanks for the help... I posted here because while the docjar plugin
looks itself pretty useful, there's no info about the plugin and their
webpage is absolutely horrible. I suspected it was perhaps an eclipse
version... thanks for confirming for me!