Losing Session Variables in XP

Paul W

Anyone have any insite into this problem:

I have an ASP.NET application that starts with a login page. The user
types the login and clicks a button. In the event the login\password
is checked against the database and if everything checks out, the app
sets some session variables and redirects the user to the next page.

All this works fine for users on a 2000 machine, but not for users
hitting the website from an XP machine. In this case the session
variables are lost (on the redirect?). Switching the sessionstate to
cookieless fixes the problem, but is there any other way to get around
this???

Thanks for any help in advance,

Paul W

Hermit Dave

Well go to IE settings and enable it to use session.
at the end of the day session id is stored as a cookie so if the client
machine dont accept no cookies... you have a new session on every request
(response.redirect is indeed another request)

else you are stuck with cookieless session state. unfortunately you can have
one or the other not a mix and match of whatever works...

HTH