Mac: How to receive AppleEvents with creator IDs

Jean-Pierre Bergamin

Hello pythoniers

I'm wondering if it's possible to receive AppleEvents with python that are
addressed only by the creator ID (= application signature) which is a usual
OSType four character code.

The sending application has no support for sending events which use the
process ID or the program name as an argument.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

James

Greg Ewing

Jean-Pierre Bergamin said:
I'm wondering if it's possible to receive AppleEvents with python that are
addressed only by the creator ID (= application signature) which is a usual
OSType four character code.

You need to build an applet from your Python code
(a utility for doing this is provided with MacPython).
Then give the applet a unique creator code, and other
applications will be able to address AppleEvents to
it.