    them see some cryptic javascript error (or nothing at all if they have
    script debugging turned off).

    Much thanks - Dave
    D. Alvarado, Nov 25, 2003

  2. [OT] Re: Mac IE out of memory errors

    D. Alvarado wrote on 25 Nov 2003:

    > Does anyone have any script that might be useful in detecting
    > Mac OS 9.x, IE 5.x out of memory errors before they occur? I
    > understand the solution (to jack up the virtual memory allotted
    > to IE), but I would like to alert end users this is what they
    > need to do rather than have them see some cryptic javascript
    > error (or nothing at all if they have script debugging turned
    > off).

    That's not even close to possible with JavaScript.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    d (remove ".invalid" to reply)
    Michael Winter, Nov 25, 2003

  3. D. Alvarado

    VK Guest

    You may try to narrow the "memory consuming" block and enclose it into
    try...catch...finally... statement.

    But from my humble experience by this time you'll not need it, because
    by this time you'll find the actual error in your code. Despite
    JavaScript/JScript memory limits never were precisely exposed, but they
    are VERY large. Thus:

    1) either you are trying to load a 5-10Mb Oracle database into Array (or
    so of this kind)
    2) or you've made a recursive function call loop like:
    function a(r){b(this);}
    // looping till the end of the stack...
    function b(r){a(this);}

    I would concentrate on the option 2