Mail.SmtpMail.Send won't send to one of my addresses

Nathan Sokalski

I have an ASP.NET page that sends a Mail.MailMessage to several email
addresses (all mine). However, one of the addresses, the one ending in
@verizon.net, does not seem to be recieving the message even though the
other addresses are. I know the spelling is correct because I have tried
sending messages from my other accounts to this address and have recieved
them successfully. I also do not know of any junkmail filter that would
delete the emails sent using ASP.NET (I have also looked in the junkmail box
for this address, and it is empty). The code used to send the emails is as
follows:

mailmsg.To = "(e-mail address removed);"
Mail.SmtpMail.Send(mailmsg)
mailmsg.To = "(e-mail address removed);"
Mail.SmtpMail.Send(mailmsg)
mailmsg.To = "(e-mail address removed);"
Mail.SmtpMail.Send(mailmsg)

When this code is run (the mailmsg object is created beforehand) it is
successfully sent to (e-mail address removed) and (e-mail address removed)
but is not sent to the verizon address. I do not recieve any errors of any
kind that I have noticed.

Terry Olsen

Are you sending email from a dynamic IP? A lot of domains won't accept
emails from dynamic ip's. AOL.com is one, and bigpond.au is another.

It has been my experience that SmtpMail will not tell you whether or not
the mail is accepted. So you never know if the email made it.

David Lloyd

Nathan:

I do not know all the specifics of how your mail system is setup, so I will
just make some general comments. The SmtpMail class has a static property
called SmtpServer in which you can set the outgoing SMTP mail server. The
default for this property is the local SMTP server. If you are behind a
firewall, the local Smtp server may be prevented from forwarding email
directly to the Internet. In this case, you could use the SmtpServer
property to specify a different mail server which does have permission to
relay messages to the Internet (I believe Microsoft refers to these
Internet-enabled SMTP servers as "smart hosts"). For example:

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "RelayServer.MyDomain.com"

If that does not solve the issue, maybe you can explain your mail server
setup in more detail.

--
David Lloyd
MCSD .NET

This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties.

[...]

Larry Lard

Nathan said:
I have an ASP.NET page that sends a Mail.MailMessage to several email
addresses (all mine). However, one of the addresses, the one ending in
@verizon.net, does not seem to be recieving the message even though the
other addresses are. I know the spelling is correct because I have tried
sending messages from my other accounts to this address and have recieved
them successfully.

If you are using an SMTP server outside the US you may be running into
this problem:

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/14/verizon_email_block/>