    ticket waiting at localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5

    Thank you.

    , Dec 1, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > Either in ASP or VB using Internet Explorer, how can I do a mailto
    > where the body has a link, and the link has a T=5&S=2 like the
    > following?
    >
    > mailto:?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You have a
    > ticket waiting at localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5&S=2
    >
    > When I do the above mailto, it truncates the "&S=2" and the body
    > becomes
    > mailto:?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You have a
    > ticket waiting at localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5
    >
    > Thank you.

    Stop wanting that. That type of link will only work some of the time,
    for some people. Additionally, there is nothing that would keep the
    user from changing the subject line, and messing up your message.
    Better to do this in a form.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 2, 2007

  3. "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in
    >
    > > Either in ASP or VB using Internet Explorer, how can I do a mailto
    > > where the body has a link, and the link has a T=5&S=2 like the
    > > following?
    > >
    > > mailto:?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You have a
    > > ticket waiting at localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5&S=2
    > >
    > > When I do the above mailto, it truncates the "&S=2" and the body
    > > becomes
    > > mailto:?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You have a
    > > ticket waiting at localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5
    > >
    > > Thank you.

    > Stop wanting that. That type of link will only work some of the time,
    > for some people. Additionally, there is nothing that would keep the
    > user from changing the subject line, and messing up your message.
    > Better to do this in a form.

    Most of the time thats probably true but there are circumstances where
    mailto: may be appropriate. An intranet app where the client machines are
    of known configuration. The mailto: link gives the user something to start
    with but its still _their_ email not an auto generated email.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Dec 2, 2007
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Anthony Jones"
    <> writing in

    @i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com
    >> :
    >>
    >> > Either in ASP or VB using Internet Explorer, how can I do a mailto
    >> > where the body has a link, and the link has a T=5&S=2 like the
    >> > following?
    >> >
    >> > mailto:?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You
    >> > have a ticket waiting at
    >> > localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5&S=2
    >> >
    >> > When I do the above mailto, it truncates the "&S=2" and the body
    >> > becomes
    >> > mailto:?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You
    >> > have a ticket waiting at
    >> > localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5
    >> >
    >> > Thank you.

    >> Stop wanting that. That type of link will only work some of the
    >> time, for some people. Additionally, there is nothing that would
    >> keep the user from changing the subject line, and messing up your
    >> message. Better to do this in a form.
    >>

    > Most of the time thats probably true but there are circumstances where
    > mailto: may be appropriate. An intranet app where the client machines
    > are of known configuration. The mailto: link gives the user something
    > to start with but its still _their_ email not an auto generated email.

    Agreed, however, the OP never stated if this was an intranet - and even
    if it were, the user could still change the subject in the email client,
    as you state above. Probably, in the OP's case, this information is
    important, so doing it in a form where the author has control would be
    better.

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 2, 2007