Mailto: question

fiefie.niles

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
Either in ASP or VB using Internet Explorer, how can I do a mailto
where the body has a link, and the link has a T=5&S=2 like the
following?

mailto:[email protected]?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You have a
ticket waiting at localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5&S=2

When I do the above mailto, it truncates the "&S=2" and the body
becomes
mailto:[email protected]?subject=Help Desk Ticket&body=You have a
ticket waiting at localhost/http://mywebsite/abc/mypage.asp?T=5

Thank you.

Stop wanting that. That type of link will only work some of the time,
for some people. Additionally, there is nothing that would keep the
user from changing the subject line, and messing up your message.
Better to do this in a form.

Anthony Jones

Adrienne Boswell said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in

Stop wanting that. That type of link will only work some of the time,
for some people. Additionally, there is nothing that would keep the
user from changing the subject line, and messing up your message.
Better to do this in a form.

Most of the time thats probably true but there are circumstances where
mailto: may be appropriate. An intranet app where the client machines are
of known configuration. The mailto: link gives the user something to start
with but its still _their_ email not an auto generated email.

Adrienne Boswell

Most of the time thats probably true but there are circumstances where
mailto: may be appropriate. An intranet app where the client machines
are of known configuration. The mailto: link gives the user something
to start with but its still _their_ email not an auto generated email.

Agreed, however, the OP never stated if this was an intranet - and even
if it were, the user could still change the subject in the email client,
as you state above. Probably, in the OP's case, this information is
important, so doing it in a form where the author has control would be
better.