    Is this kind of thing even in the realm of possibility? Or should i tell
    them to rewrite the application in COBOL?

    Thanks
    R. Vince, Apr 7, 2007

  2. R. Vince wrote:
    > I'm been roped into a techical discussion next week as to whether our Java
    > application can run on a "mainframe." (I know not what kind of "mainframe"
    > or OS).
    >
    > Is this kind of thing even in the realm of possibility? Or should i tell
    > them to rewrite the application in COBOL?

    IBM have Java for z/OS.

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Apr 7, 2007

  3. R. Vince

    Tom Hawtin Guest

    R. Vince wrote:
    > I'm been roped into a techical discussion next week as to whether our Java
    > application can run on a "mainframe." (I know not what kind of "mainframe"
    > or OS).

    Probably means an IBM machine...

    IBM's implementation of Java is available in a variety of forms,
    including for the Z-series.

    http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/java/

    Might be a good idea to find out what machine and OS you are expecting
    it to run on before trying to discuss!

    Tom Hawtin
    Tom Hawtin, Apr 7, 2007