Maintaining the current context .user between sites

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Anthony, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Hi there,

    I am not sure if what i am after can be done but if anyone can shed
    any light on the topic.. Basically i have a website that logs in the
    user and puts there details in the context.user.. Then on the same
    server and domain i have a virtual directory to another application
    within the same site called 'factory'.. So this is accessed by
    navigating to
    www.domain.com/factory

    however when i navigate here the context.user has been cleared.. Is
    there any way around this situation.. The 'factory' is being developed
    by another company in VB so i can integrate it directly into my c#
    project..

    Any ideas

    Thanks
    Anthony

    Anthony, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Anthony

    Jorge Matos Guest

    HttpContext is specific to an application domain, the "factory" website has
    its own domain and hence its own application domain. I would try to
    configure the "factory" web site to not be its own application but instead to
    be a simple folder in your application.

    Jorge Matos, Oct 22, 2004