make an <object> invisible or moved to back?!

Guest

Hi all,
I have the following code in the html part of my asp.net page to display an
activeX control object which is like a picture viewer:
----------------------------
Response.Write("<object style='position: absolute; left=275px; top=73px;
width=725px; height=595px;' width='656px' height='475px'
classid='clsid:68CE4C35-090C-470B-B956-96B129554E64' standby='Please Wait...'
codetype='application/x-oleobject' codebase='com/test.cab'>" & vbCrLf)

Response.Write("<param name='RecordParam4' value='" &
Session("RecordParam4") & "'>" & vbCrLf)
Response.Write("</object>" & vbCrLf)
---------------------------------

When it is displayed on the page, it is always on top of everything else,
meaning i have to position everything else on the page around this object..
now is there a way i could turn the visible of this object to false, or move
it to the back so i could put a new thing, the exact same size, right on top
of this??
it is only about 5% of the time i need a new thing to replace that object,
the majority of the time i'm using that object and need it exactly how it is
now..

bruce barker

com objects, will always be infront of the page, because there are created
in top most window. if you create two com object the z-order will work for
the two objects. how well you can hide the com objects depends on how well
behaved it is. if may support an invisible property, or support a size of
zero.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hi all,
| I have the following code in the html part of my asp.net page to display
an
| activeX control object which is like a picture viewer:
| ----------------------------
| Response.Write("<object style='position: absolute; left=275px; top=73px;
| width=725px; height=595px;' width='656px' height='475px'
| classid='clsid:68CE4C35-090C-470B-B956-96B129554E64' standby='Please
Wait...'
| codetype='application/x-oleobject' codebase='com/test.cab'>" & vbCrLf)
|
| Response.Write("<param name='RecordParam4' value='" &
| Session("RecordParam4") & "'>" & vbCrLf)
| Response.Write("</object>" & vbCrLf)
| ---------------------------------
|
| When it is displayed on the page, it is always on top of everything else,
| meaning i have to position everything else on the page around this
object..
| now is there a way i could turn the visible of this object to false, or
move
| it to the back so i could put a new thing, the exact same size, right on
top
| of this??
| it is only about 5% of the time i need a new thing to replace that object,
| the majority of the time i'm using that object and need it exactly how it
is
| now..
| --
| (e-mail address removed)

Guest

Thanks for the reply Bruce,
I have the 1 com object and the other thing i needed to put infront of it
was Windows Media Player:
<embed src='<% Response.Write(Session("movie")) %>' style="Z-INDEX: 101;
LEFT: 8px; WIDTH: 852px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 56px; HEIGHT: 550px;
BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" align="middle" id="movie"></embed>

Could you provide any code that i could write behind an asp.net button
(vb.net code) which could set that first com object to invisible or reset its
size to zero.. and make my embeded media player visible

thanks