Makefile

Aditya

Hi
I am unable to write a makefile in this particular case.
I have a project in a folder named 'TestFile'. The 'TestFile' has two
subfolders 'src' and 'header'.
The folder 'src' contains 'TestFile.cpp' and folder 'header' contains
'TestFile.h'.
The makefile has to be in the folder TestFile along with the two
subfolders.

But whatever way i give the path for the code files in the makefile it
doesn't compile and shows that "No Rule to make Target ............"
Can anyone please help me by giving a makefile for this case in the
simplest form.

Thanks

Joachim Schmitz

Aditya said:
Hi
I am unable to write a makefile in this particular case.
I have a project in a folder named 'TestFile'. The 'TestFile' has two
subfolders 'src' and 'header'.
The folder 'src' contains 'TestFile.cpp' and folder 'header' contains
'TestFile.h'.
The makefile has to be in the folder TestFile along with the two
subfolders.

But whatever way i give the path for the code files in the makefile it
doesn't compile and shows that "No Rule to make Target ............"
Can anyone please help me by giving a makefile for this case in the
simplest form.

Thanks
Off topice here, for 2 reasons: make and .cpp, neither being C. Anyway:
something like the following might do:

SRC=src
HDR=header

TestFile: Testfile.o
$(CXX) S(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $<

TestFile.o: $(SRC)/TestFile.cpp $(HDR)/TestFile.h
$(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(SRC)/TestFile.cpp -c -o $@

Bye, Jojo

Aditya

Off topice here, for 2 reasons: make and .cpp, neither being C. Anyway:
something like the following might do:

SRC=src
HDR=header

TestFile: Testfile.o
$(CXX) S(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $<

TestFile.o: $(SRC)/TestFile.cpp $(HDR)/TestFile.h
$(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(SRC)/TestFile.cpp -c -o $@

Bye, Jojo

hi
thanks!!!!