? Making Link to Something Pointed to by Javascript

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Nehmo, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. Nehmo

    Nehmo Guest

    On
    http://sketchup.google.com/gsu5vtviewer.html#id=27
    The video for the Rotate Tool lesson works okay when I click on it,
    but I want to link directly to it.
    Looking at the source of the page there's a section corresponding to
    the Rotate video link:

    videos[22] = {title: "Rotate Tool",

    link: "Mod_B2-rotate_tool.swf",

    section: 0};

    This apparently means that the name of the flash file is:

    Mod_B2-rotate_tool.swf

    Later on that page, there is this:

    // path to where videos are hosted (with trailing slash)

    var path = "http://download.sketchup.com/videos/su5videos/";

    But when I combine that var path with the link, I get
    http://download.sketchup.com/videos/su5videos/Mod_B2-rotate_tool.swf

    But placing that in the Firefox address box gets me nothing.

    I want to create a link directly to the Rotate Lesson video. How do I
    assemble the URL?

    --
    (||) Nehmo (||)
    Nehmo, Feb 10, 2007

  2. Nehmo

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 07:55:51 GMT Nehmo scribed:

    > On
    > http://sketchup.google.com/gsu5vtviewer.html#id=27
    > The video for the Rotate Tool lesson works okay when I click on it,
    > but I want to link directly to it.
    > Looking at the source of the page there's a section corresponding to
    > the Rotate video link:
    >
    > videos[22] = {title: "Rotate Tool",
    >
    > link: "Mod_B2-rotate_tool.swf",
    >
    > section: 0};
    >
    > This apparently means that the name of the flash file is:
    >
    > Mod_B2-rotate_tool.swf
    >
    > Later on that page, there is this:
    >
    > // path to where videos are hosted (with trailing slash)
    >
    > var path = "http://download.sketchup.com/videos/su5videos/";
    >
    > But when I combine that var path with the link, I get
    > http://download.sketchup.com/videos/su5videos/Mod_B2-rotate_tool.swf
    >
    > But placing that in the Firefox address box gets me nothing.

    That url works for me - any browser.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Nehmo

    Nehmo Guest

    > >http://download.sketchup.com/videos/su5videos/Mod_B2-rotate_tool.swf

    > > But placing that in the Firefox address box gets me nothing.

    > That url works for me - any browser.

    Well, it doesn't work for me. The title is correct in the title bar.
    And when I right click anywhere I can see I'm in a Flash file. But I
    don't get the movie. I get the same behavior in Firefox 2.0.0.1 and IE
    7.

    Apparently, the video player on http://download.sketchup.com/videos/videoplayer.swf
    gets loaded in the browser and then the swf file gets loaded into
    that.

    I don't know Javascript, but the procedure for playing the swf file
    seems to be in this part of the code:
    // render a video in the play area
    function dovideo(id)
    {
    if (!id) id = 0; /* THIS IS NEW */

    var elem = document.getElementById("playing");
    elem.innerHTML =
    '<embed style="width:640px; height:500px;" ' +
    'type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" ' +
    'src="' + player + '" FlashVars="videoUrl=' + path +
    videos[id].link +
    '&hl=en&autoplay=true"></embed>';

    var elem = document.getElementById("title");
    elem.innerHTML = videos[id].title;
    }

    Anyway, I still don't know how to make a direct link to the video.

    --
    (||) Nehmo (||)
    Nehmo, Feb 12, 2007