Making my SQL-Server based app MS Access compatible

Bucko

Hi guys,

I have an app that, right now, uses a SQL Server database and very
simple, universal SQL commands. I use SqlCommand, SqlDataReader and
SqlDataAdapter objects. I use web.config to store my database connection
string.

I want to make this MS-Access compatible. Please let me know if this is
correct and all that is needed to make my software work with Access:

1. Change connection string to reflect the Access database

2.Use "OleDb" counterparts to all SqlCommand, SqlDataReader and
SqlDataAdapter object declarations

3. Ensure I use universal SQL commands in my SQL statements (which I
have done)

4. Ensure Access database has equivelent field names and types

Is there anything else? Thanks very much for all help,

Buck

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, that all sounds good, and I'd add this step too:

5. Test with both Access and SQL Server to make sure you've done steps 1
through 4 correctly.