Can't access remote Sql Server from my web app

Guest

Hi;

My web application is trying to access Sql Server 2000 on a different box.
This works fine if they are on the same box. But on a different box I get:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to
SQL Server)

Any ideas?

Guest

Found it - wrong server name. Very weird error message for trying to open Sql
Server where a system with that name exists, but SqlServer on the box is not
running.