Manager Administered Web Site

pgg

I am a newbie trying to build a web site where users and their
functionality will be remotely administered by a Manager and/or his
designates.

I would like to give the Manager the capability of adding/deleting
users and adding/deleting roles per user without using the Web Site
Administration Tool or CreateUserWizard which only seems to work for
the Logged In user. I also need to give the Manager the capability of
changing profile property data per user.

I have created the ASPNETDB database and created some basic roles such
as 'Administrator', 'ManagementReports' etc. I have also created
folders for each role with the appropriate web.config controlling
access.

I'm using Web Developer Express, VB.Net, ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server
2000.

Any suggestions on an approach will be appreciated.

Thank you.

BlueJumper.com

Interestingly I've just finished doing the same.

Unfortunately there are no asp.net controls for doing this as there
are for loging in, changing pasword etc.

I got round the problem by creating my own web forms and adding and
manipulating users using the methods and properties of the Membership,
MembershipUser and Roles classes.

Cheers

Fran

http://www.bluejumper.com