Managing divs within divs....

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rich, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. rich

    rich Guest

    I have a div that contains a section of my web page. In the div, I
    have multiple others that need to stretch to 100% of the height.
    Essentially columns with layers. I've gone through all the normal
    trouble shooting tips here, and I'm stuck on (hopefully) one final fix.
    It's really hard to explain the whole thing, so I put the section of
    what I'm working on here and trimmed it the best I could:

    http://www.richardbrooks.com/aswas/turtle/index.html

    As you see it right now, it works beautifully in firefox, but in IE,
    you'll notice that the third picture on the right gets cut off by the
    bottom of the div. The main one won't stretch out anymore. The fix
    for that, is to change my div.thebody height to auto (or take it out
    all together). This will cause IE to expand the div so everything
    shows correctly, BUT then the two borders I have going down the side of
    the page will no longer stretch the entire length. They only show
    about a 10px height. I'd really like to achieve the best of both
    worlds here...

    I hope I did a good enough job explaining this one, and thank you for
    your time.

    rich, Feb 2, 2006