Map code to assembly

Guest

I'm using Dot Net Nuke but this general question:
I'm trying to debug the registration code,
whenever i set breakpoint on the main function i get message:
"breakpoint will not be hit, no symbols loaded".

So i'm going to debug->windows->modules and i want to reffer the assembly
to the correct folder (/bin), but how can i know to which assembly the
registration code belongs?
Generally, when u have code in project, now can u know to which assembly the
code belongs?
Do u know other solutions to the debug problem?

Thanks.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Are the pdb files actually there? These are the debug symbol files. You'll
probably need to have the full dotnetnuke solution open and not just the web
site. You'll then need to configure the solution to be in debug mode instead
of release mode. This should generate the pdb symbol files for each dll in
the project. Without these, having the correct dll won't help as the debug
information isn't in there, it's in the pdb files.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The issue "no symbols loaded" happens with one of two situations that I can
think of right now:

1. COM DLLs
2. .NET Assembies compiled for release rather than debug (no pdf file)

You may have found another one, but if the second one fits, compile with
debug on so you have a pdb file and see if that works.