MapPoint alternative

JosephByrns

I have been using MS MapPoint for a few years now to display icons
(potentially thousands of them) on Maps of the UK, France and Australia, but
mainly the UK. This service costs me £4500/year (for 100,000 hits I think,
of which I use very few). I am only using the service to serve up the map
images, from then I do all the icon plotting business server side.

What I want to know is, can anyone recommend any cheaper alternitives to
MapPoint that would work for me? It would also be an imporvement if I were
allowed to keep the maps server side.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

And may not charge, depending on your business type. If mapping is core to
business, however, you will have to pay.

Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
1