Marquee help please

Johny

Hi all

I have been asked to include a marquee onto a site.

What is required is the marquee to be on all pages of the site and it wants
to be changeable at any time without editing every page.

Is there a way that the marquee can call up a txt file, this text file could
then be easily changed whenever the customer wants to change the wording.

Thanks
John

Randy Webb

Johny said the following on 9/19/2005 8:10 AM:
Hi all

I have been asked to include a marquee onto a site.

You have a dumb customer and your customer has a dumb employee.
What is required is the marquee to be on all pages of the site and it wants
to be changeable at any time without editing every page.

Use server side processing and include it wherever you want it.
Is there a way that the marquee can call up a txt file, this text file could
then be easily changed whenever the customer wants to change the wording.

No. But with server-side includes, it doesn't need to "call up a txt
file", it only has to be inserted where you want it to show. And as an
include file, it could be a plain text file that the "customer" can edit
at will.