    then be easily changed whenever the customer wants to change the wording.

    Thanks
    John

    Johny, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Johny

    Randy Webb Guest

    Johny said the following on 9/19/2005 8:10 AM:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have been asked to include a marquee onto a site.

    You have a dumb customer and your customer has a dumb employee.

    > What is required is the marquee to be on all pages of the site and it wants
    > to be changeable at any time without editing every page.

    Use server side processing and include it wherever you want it.

    > Is there a way that the marquee can call up a txt file, this text file could
    > then be easily changed whenever the customer wants to change the wording.

    No. But with server-side includes, it doesn't need to "call up a txt
    file", it only has to be inserted where you want it to show. And as an
    include file, it could be a plain text file that the "customer" can edit
    at will.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Sep 19, 2005