need help modifying/enhancing a marquee script

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by P2P, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. P2P

    P2P Guest

    Hi

    I am wondering if someone can help me here with the "perfect" marquee
    vertical scrolling script I've found.

    This marquee is great for me as it will call an external html page. This
    allow me to design a html page and update just that page without having
    to muck around on coding with the main page.

    There is one thing I like to have this marquee script able to do for me.
    I would like it able to pause with each heading when it reach the top or
    bottom(depending on the direction option chose) of the marquee defined
    widow.

    Right now as it is, it will only pause with mouseover action.

    Is there a way, without complicating this script too much, to add the
    specified auto pause function that I am after?

    I found another marquee script that does that but I must do the heading
    contents in a text file with specified none html type of coding which is
    not good for me as I want to show image and sound files beside
    newsticker heading with url link.

    Many thanks in advance for any of the help and input I will be receiving
    soon from this helping group.

    Regards..
    Peace2Peace

    Code--
    <!--[if IE]>
    <IE:Download ID="marqueedata" STYLE="behavior:url(#default#download)" />
    <marquee id="externalmarquee" direction=down scrollAmount=1 style="width:195px;height:255px;border:1px solid white;padding:3px" onMouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" onMouseout="this.scrollAmount=1" src="update.htm">
    </marquee>

    <script language="JavaScript1.2">

    /*
    External Data Source Marquee Script (Updated 99/11/02)-
    © Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
    For full source code, installation instructions,
    100's more DHTML scripts, and Terms Of Use, visit dynamicdrive.com
    */

    function downloaddata(){
    marqueedata.startDownload(externalmarquee.src,displaydata)
    }

    function displaydata(data){
    externalmarquee.innerHTML=data
    }

    if (document.all)
    window.onload=downloaddata

    </script>
    <![endif]-->

    --
    P2P <>
    P2P, Mar 8, 2006

  2. P2P

    Zif Guest

    P2P wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am wondering if someone can help me here with the "perfect" marquee
    > vertical scrolling script I've found.

    The script is very specifically IE only. Most Dynamic Drive scripts are
    crap, why would anyone want to contribute to them? If you want help,
    ask Dynamic Drive.

    [...]

    > Code--
    > <!--[if IE]>
    > <IE:Download ID="marqueedata" STYLE="behavior:url(#default#download)" />
    > <marquee id="externalmarquee" direction=down scrollAmount=1 style="width:195px;height:255px;border:1px solid white;padding:3px" onMouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" onMouseout="this.scrollAmount=1" src="update.htm">
    > </marquee>

    The marquee element is a proprietary Microsoft invention, it is not part
    of the W3C HTML 4 specification. There are examples in the archives of
    sliding banners - generally they are disliked.

    --
    Zif
    Zif, Mar 8, 2006

  3. P2P

    P2P Guest

    Hi Zif and everyone,

    Can someone then happened to know of a good script that is not specially
    IE only that will

    - call an external html page as contents
    - stop scrolling when each header reach the top or bottom of the script
    defined window?

    Many thanks.
    Peace2Peace

    P2P, Mar 8, 2006