    answer. I am trying to do it without success so that I can put clint-side
    JavaScript into a page.
    Bob Delaney

    Bob Delaney, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Bob Delaney

    David Wier Guest

    What exactly, dynamically, are you trying to accomplish in the header?
    You wouldn't necessarily need a contentplaceholder for that (and for that
    matter, there shouldn't be a need, since the idea for a content placeholder
    is for data on the page itself. There are many ways, using a Master page,
    that you can still do dynamic programming in the header section........we
    just need more specific questions.

    David Wier
    MVP/ASPInsider
    http://aspn101.com
    http://aspexpress.com

    David Wier, Dec 27, 2006

  3. On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 23:26:41 -0500, Bob Delaney wrote:

    > I have been wading through tutorials and PDF files on MSDN and various
    > other .Net and ASP.Net sites trying to see if one can have an
    > <asp:ContentPlaceHolder> block within the <header> region on a MasterPage,
    > and have the Content Page generate <header> information. One on-line
    > tutorial on MSDN says "I think so," and I am looking for a more definitive
    > answer. I am trying to do it without success so that I can put clint-side
    > JavaScript into a page.
    > Bob Delaney

    You need not use a content placeholder in the header, the header itself can
    be it's own content placeholder of sorts.

    By the way, Javascript doesn't have to be in the header either. It can be
    in the body as well.

    Erik Funkenbusch, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Bob Delaney

    Mark Rae Guest

    > I have been wading through tutorials and PDF files on MSDN and various
    > other .Net and ASP.Net sites trying to see if one can have an
    > <asp:ContentPlaceHolder> block within the <header> region on a MasterPage,
    > and have the Content Page generate <header> information.

    There's no need to do that - the ContentPage can add anything you like to
    its MasterPage's header, including new metatags, new stylesheets, new
    JavaScript includes etc...

    What are you trying to do exactly...?

    Mark Rae, Dec 27, 2006