Mcmillen Installer Question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Glawster, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Glawster

    Glawster Guest

    I am not sure whether this is the right place to post questions for
    Installer but here you are.

    I have inherited a python application, I work on UNIX and then have to
    use Installed to produce a Windows version. All is OK with this except
    when executing and the following error messages are displayed.

    Can anyone advise how I can correct them or even just hide them.

    D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\bin>ccps2_install.exe

    D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\buildccps2_install\out1.pyz/fcntl:7:
    DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl
    D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\buildccps2_install\out1.pyz/termios:7:
    DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use
    termios
    c:\python-2.3.2\Installer\iu.py:103: DeprecationWarning: the regex
    module is deprecated; please use the re module
    mod = imp.load_module(nm, None, nm, ('','',imp.C_BUILTIN))

    CCPS INSTALL STARTING...

    The CCPS_DATA_PATH is not defined !!!

    Regards,
    Andy Wilson

    Glawster, Feb 4, 2004

  2. The errrors most likely are because you are loading unix specific services.

    Check out
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/unix.html

    You probably only want to import them in the windows platform

    if sys.platform[:3] == "win":
    #import windows modules
    else:
    #import unix modules

    The installer is probably working fine.

    Anthony, Toronto

    Anthony_Barker, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Glawster

    simo Guest

    (Glawster) wrote:

    > DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

    > DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use termios

    Read the errors, you're using uppercase module names, I've had this a
    few times and actually think it's legacy code in Installer.

    > DeprecationWarning: the regex module is deprecated; please use the re module

    This is in your code I think - the regular expression module in 2.3.3
    is called 're' not 'regex', e.g. re.compile()

    > CCPS INSTALL STARTING...
    >
    > The CCPS_DATA_PATH is not defined !!!

    I expect your program is failing as the path never got matched in the
    regex.

    Don't give up, Installer is great!

    Does your program run OK in Windows (using the Python interpreter)?
    This way we can see if it's Linux/Windows issues or Installer.

    simo, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Glawster

    David Bolen Guest

    (simo) writes:

    > (Glawster) wrote:
    >
    > > DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

    > > DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use termios

    > Read the errors, you're using uppercase module names, I've had this a
    > few times and actually think it's legacy code in Installer.

    It happens with me (at least with 5b5) with Installer too and it
    doesn't have anything to do with the original source using uppercase
    module names (nor even referencing those modules directly).

    What appears to happen is that some of the system libraries being used
    will have conditional references to modules like "fcntl" (lowercase).
    Under Windows, there is an FCNTL module (uppercase) installed in the
    library that results in the above error.

    Somehow when installer is tracking imports, it processes the
    conditional reference to fcntl, but locates the FCNTL module, only the
    resulting compiled .pyc file is written as fcntl.pyc (lowercase). At
    that point, the conditional code (which previously never found fcntl
    and skipped it) actually loads the fcntl.pyc (generated from the
    FCNTL.py) and you get the warning on the import.

    I'm not sure if there was a later version than 5b5 (the web site
    really does seem to be down doesn't it) that addressed this or not,
    nor have I really been annoyed/impacted enough to troubleshoot it
    myself.

    -- David

    David Bolen, Feb 11, 2004