    are relevant to my measurement efforts.

    Thanks in advance...

    Jeff

    Jeff S, Dec 4, 2003

  2. You should check out this article, there is a clear explanation on which
    counter to monitor for asp.net applications
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html
    /monitor_perf.asp

    I hope this should help you.

    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    "Jeff S" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for guidance (tutorials, backgrounders, tips, or otherwise) on
    > measuring the performance of ASP.NET applications. I'm specifically
    > interested in acquiring the capability of generating objective data that
    > quantifies the effects of performance tuning efforts (e.g., performance
    > measures before and after implementing caching). I want to be able to
    > demonstrate cases where performance tuning efforts resulted in measurably
    > faster performance.
    >
    > I understand Application Center Test is available. Is there more
    > straight-forward tool? If not, then I'd be interested in some guidance and
    > perspective on which of the hundreds of possible object/counter

    combinations

    Saravana [MVP], Dec 5, 2003

  3. Jeff S

    Jeff S Guest

    Thank you - just the sort of thing I was looking for... and better than
    other sources I have found.

    -Jeff

    Jeff S, Dec 5, 2003