Measure Performance Tuning Efforts

Jeff S

I'm looking for guidance (tutorials, backgrounders, tips, or otherwise) on
measuring the performance of ASP.NET applications. I'm specifically
interested in acquiring the capability of generating objective data that
quantifies the effects of performance tuning efforts (e.g., performance
measures before and after implementing caching). I want to be able to
demonstrate cases where performance tuning efforts resulted in measurably
faster performance.

I understand Application Center Test is available. Is there more
straight-forward tool? If not, then I'd be interested in some guidance and
perspective on which of the hundreds of possible object/counter combinations
are relevant to my measurement efforts.

Thanks in advance...

Jeff

Jeff S

Thank you - just the sort of thing I was looking for... and better than
other sources I have found.

-Jeff