memo -field-urgent

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by monika, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. monika

    monika Guest

    hi ..
    i am using memo field in a field which has to take long data. when i do the
    insert its now givng me error:

    Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in
    query expression ''HE NEVER thought he would make it to 80. And there he was
    last night, surrounded by 1,000 relatives, friends and colleagues on his
    80th birthday, and still relatively healthy and active. As Senior Minister
    Lee Kuan Yew said: It is not given to many to be'.
    /myweb2/submit.asp, line 47

    here is my query:
    QUERY1 = "INSERT INTO student_content
    (student_id,story_id,status_student,story_original,story_status_date,story_w
    ord_count) VALUES
    ("&session("loggedID")&","&session("selectStoryID")&",'"&Request.form("Submi
    t")&"','"&strStoryContent&"','"¤tDate&"',"&request.form("wordsCount")&")"

    can anyone suggest me whats wrong??
    tahnks
    monika, Sep 17, 2003

  2. monika

    Ray at home Guest

    Are you handling apostrophes? It doesn't appear that you are, since you're
    dumping right from your form collection into your SQL query. See here.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2035

    Also, you should put spaces between your &'s when concatenating.

    Ray at home

    Ray at home, Sep 17, 2003

  3. monika

    monika dang Guest

    yes ..u r rite ..i was using apostrophe and used replace and it worked
    good then thanks

    monika dang, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Response.Write(QUERY1)
    Response.End