memory usage exceed maximum heap size allocated

jiunnjye

Hi guys,

I am running a couple of java application on a server (Itanium server)
on HPUX11.23 operating System.

The problem is I have set the maximum heap size limit to this
application to -Xmx100M. When I see the the 'top' output, java is
taking up 300M. This usage keep increasing till 900M when I have to
kill it. This happened to both java 1.4.2.03 and java 1.3.1.13 on the
same machine.

Test on another HP (non Itamiun) machine does not show this behavior.

Please advise help.

Rgds
jay