    be. I'm trying with an IE browser. My guess is it might be a browser
    problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks,
    Regena, Jan 26, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    "Regena" <> wrote:

    > I am running a web based application. The application looks fine on an
    > ordinary monitor screen. but on a flat screen laptop the menu on the
    > right hand side gets cut off. Can anyone tell me what the problem might
    > be. I'm trying with an IE browser. My guess is it might be a browser
    > problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > thanks,

    Seems to me that the best way to confirm whether it's an IE-specific
    browser problem is to try it in some other browser.

    Of course, it should be tried in other browsers anyway. Keep in mind
    that many of us avoid IE like the plague. On my work system (WinXP), I
    use IE only for my company timekeeping, and that only because it won't
    work in any other browser because the company is Windows-centric. For
    all other uses, I prefer Firefox. For all my personal computing, I
    stolidly refuse to use Windows at all and stick to my Mac, where IE has
    died. And the lesson we Mac users have learned is that far too few of
    those developing web pages, applets, or anything else don't bother
    testing on any other browser or platform.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Steve W. Jackson, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Regena

    bugbear Guest

    Regena wrote:
    > I am running a web based application. The application looks fine on an
    > ordinary monitor screen. but on a flat screen laptop the menu on the
    > right hand side gets cut off. Can anyone tell me what the problem might
    > be.

    I'll bet it's either the browser or the screen size.

    I don't think your software would know or care whether
    display was CRT or TFT or plasma.

    BugBear
    bugbear, Jan 26, 2006
  4. Regena

    Nigel Wade Guest

    Regena wrote:

    > I am running a web based application. The application looks fine on an
    > ordinary monitor screen. but on a flat screen laptop the menu on the
    > right hand side gets cut off. Can anyone tell me what the problem might
    > be. I'm trying with an IE browser. My guess is it might be a browser
    > problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > thanks,

    It's almost certainly the monitor, or the driver. Java will have no idea what
    type of monitor is being used. Unless there is a fault in your code which
    calculates how to display your menu at the right hand edge...

    Check that the monitor hasn't been setup so that the right hand edge of the
    display isn't being clipped by being off the edge of the monitor. If there is
    an "auto" setup for the monitor, try using that.

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555
    Nigel Wade, Jan 27, 2006