    or do they just disappear?

    Thanks,

    Marsha Allen

    Marsha Allen, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Marsha Allen

    Marsha Allen Guest

    In article <>,
    Marsha Allen <> wrote:

    > I have an XSL stylesheet that needs to do some error checking. For
    > example, I am checking to see if the results of a division does or
    > doesn't have a remainder. I can put ERROR lines in the output text file,
    > but I think <xsl:message> may be a better choice. When I process the xml
    > file with the stylesheet in Netscape, the messages show up in the
    > Javascript console. However, when I use the AltovaXSLT command line
    > processor, no messages show up. Does anyone know where the messages go,
    > or do they just disappear?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marsha Allen

    I forgot to mention that I am doing this processing on a PC running
    Windows.

    MMA

    Marsha Allen, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Marsha Allen

    maalej Guest

    try it with xalan
    its works with xalan.
    http://xml.apache.org

    Maalej

    maalej, Apr 28, 2005
  4. in IE msxml only supports <xsl:message terminate="yes"> in which case it
    stops with an alert box. Other xsl:message elemenst are silently
    ignored.

    It maybe that AltovaXSLT is the same. the conformance requirements for
    xsl:message are quite light, not reporting the message is an allowed
    outcome.

    David

    David Carlisle, Apr 28, 2005