messages

Marsha Allen

I have an XSL stylesheet that needs to do some error checking. For
example, I am checking to see if the results of a division does or
doesn't have a remainder. I can put ERROR lines in the output text file,
but I think <xsl:message> may be a better choice. When I process the xml
file with the stylesheet in Netscape, the messages show up in the
Javascript console. However, when I use the AltovaXSLT command line
processor, no messages show up. Does anyone know where the messages go,
or do they just disappear?

Thanks,

Marsha Allen

Marsha Allen

Marsha Allen said:
I have an XSL stylesheet that needs to do some error checking. For
example, I am checking to see if the results of a division does or
doesn't have a remainder. I can put ERROR lines in the output text file,
but I think <xsl:message> may be a better choice. When I process the xml
file with the stylesheet in Netscape, the messages show up in the
Javascript console. However, when I use the AltovaXSLT command line
processor, no messages show up. Does anyone know where the messages go,
or do they just disappear?

Thanks,

Marsha Allen

I forgot to mention that I am doing this processing on a PC running
Windows.

MMA

David Carlisle

in IE msxml only supports <xsl:message terminate="yes"> in which case it
stops with an alert box. Other xsl:message elemenst are silently
ignored.

It maybe that AltovaXSLT is the same. the conformance requirements for
xsl:message are quite light, not reporting the message is an allowed
outcome.

David