    usages?

    Thanks
    Kev

    Mantorok, May 17, 2006

  2. As a general rule meta tags are a good thing to have in your page.

    They are used for changing or specifying character sets, refreshing
    browsers,redirections etc to other pages, and improve search engine ratings
    through well defined page descriptions. The meta description tag is very
    important for good page structure as it allows you to influence the
    description of your page in the crawlers that support that tag when they are
    crawling your site - that said it has been abused by spammers using keywords
    to influence their ratings with searhc engines and more reliance now is on
    good page structure and well written content. You should though still
    persist in describing and dating your pages as its good practice.

    Do a search on search engine optimization for some advice on what helps.
    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft MVP