microblaze and external RAM

Frank

Question: when I want to use a microblaze with external SDRAM, I guess I
just have to connect an opb sdram controller to the instruction and data bus
of the microblaze?! But how is my code coming into sdram? Do I have to write
a sort of bootloader (running in block ram) that gets the program from flash
to sdram or something? Or are there other ways to handle this.

TIA,
Frank

Jaytersen

Frank said:
Question: when I want to use a microblaze with external SDRAM
But how is my code coming into sdram? Do I have to write
a sort of bootloader

TIA,
Frank
You could hardwire a small rom component in vhdl, containing a small
program, that could get the microblaze to transfer a bigger program
between a flash module and the sram, and then jump to where ever you
want to start in the sram.