    message appers "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
    '\\192.168.0.2\Test\Test.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another
    user or you need permission to view its data".

    snazzy, Nov 7, 2008

  2. snazzy wrote on Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:07:01 -0800:

    > I have created an web application using Visual Studio 2008. The
    > application works OK in Debug. However it does not work after
    > publish. The following message appers "The Microsoft Jet database
    > engine cannot open the file '\\192.168.0.2\Test\Test.mdb'. It is
    > already opened exclusively by another user or you need permission to
    > view its data".

    Either another user has the mdb file open in exclusive mode, or the user
    account the web page is running under doesn't have permission to read the
    file.

    As you're using Visual Studio 2008, are you using ASP.NET? If so, this is
    the wrong group, this is for "classic" ASP. Try
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet instead.

    --
    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Nov 7, 2008

  3. snazzy wrote:
    > I have created an web application using Visual Studio 2008. The
    > application works OK in Debug. However it does not work after
    > publish. The following message appers "The Microsoft Jet database
    > engine cannot open the file '\\192.168.0.2\Test\Test.mdb'. It is
    > already opened exclusively by another user or you need permission to
    > view its data".

    It's the same answer regardles of whether it's classic ASP or ASP.Net:
    All users of an Access database require Modify permissions for the folder
    containing the database file. If not, multi-user activity will not be
    allowed.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"