    columns?, 4) can the end user change the order of the columns (preferably
    via drag and drop)?.

    Thanks, Bob
    eBob.com, May 16, 2009

  2. "eBob.com" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sorry if I am asking in the wrong group, I am not (yet) a web programmer.
    > I have learned recently about the Microsoft Report Viewer. My searches
    > have turned up some technical info but no overview information. Can
    > anyone here point me to some basic overview info? I am interested in the
    > answers to questions such as 1) is this a way to make a table available
    > via web browsers?

    There are both winforms and web versions of the report viewer control, so if
    you make the table a "report" then you can "make the table available via web
    browsers".

    Example: http://www.gotreportviewer.com/InteractiveSort.zip

    >3) can the end user resize columns?

    It's been awhile since I played with it, but I believe so.

    >4) can the end user change the order of the columns (preferably via drag
    >and drop)?.

    This is not a native feature.

    if you want all of the features above, I would consider a third party grid
    control.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    | Think outside the box! |
    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 18, 2009