Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities

levinepw

Hi,

I want to access a SharePoint server from an application I'm developing in
VS 2008 (Visual BAsic) Apparently I require the
Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.

It seems to get them I first need to have a Windows server installed as a
pre-requisite. I attempted to download a free trial version of Windows server
2003 but it requires that I burn the ISO download to a CD. This is not
possible because I'm working in a remote development environment.

Quwestions
1. Do I really need to install Windows Sever 2003 as a prerequisite for the
SharePoint library?

2. Is there a way to get it Windows Server 2003 in a format other than ISO?

Thanks,
Pete