    advice would be appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Anurat
    Anurat Chapanond, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Anurat Chapanond

    Sisyphus Guest

    Anurat Chapanond wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to do automatic email sending on my windows machine. So I get
    > ActivePerl installed on my machine. I think I need MIME::Lite in order to do
    > automatic email sending. However I'm not sure if the package is for unix
    > only or it can be installed on windows as well. I'm really new to Perl. Any
    > advice would be appreciated.

    ActivePerl might already have MIME::Lite installed.

    If not, while connected to the internet, enter:
    ppm install MIME-Lite

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Anurat Chapanond

    Russbucket Guest

    Mime::Lite works fine with the Windows and Unix environments. I use WinME
    with PWs to debug my web pages before send to a Unix server. There are some
    changes need for the Unix side. But mime lite does work.
    "Anurat Chapanond" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I want to do automatic email sending on my windows machine. So I get
    > ActivePerl installed on my machine. I think I need MIME::Lite in order to

    do
    > automatic email sending. However I'm not sure if the package is for unix
    > only or it can be installed on windows as well. I'm really new to Perl.

    Any
    > advice would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Anurat

    ---
    Russbucket, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Anurat Chapanond

    Ben Morrow Guest

    "Anurat Chapanond" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to do automatic email sending on my windows machine. So I get
    > ActivePerl installed on my machine. I think I need MIME::Lite in order to do
    > automatic email sending.

    You don't, unless you want to send MIME email.

    You do need something to send mail, probably Net::SMTP.

    Ben

    --
    Every twenty-four hours about 34k children die from the effects of poverty.
    Meanwhile, the latest estimate is that 2800 people died on 9/11, so it's like
    Ben Morrow, Nov 5, 2003
  5. Anurat Chapanond

    Sisyphus Guest

    Ben Morrow wrote:
    > "Anurat Chapanond" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >> I want to do automatic email sending on my windows machine. So I get
    >>ActivePerl installed on my machine. I think I need MIME::Lite in order to do
    >>automatic email sending.

    > You don't, unless you want to send MIME email.
    >
    > You do need something to send mail, probably Net::SMTP.
    >
    > Ben

    I think MIME::Lite (typically) uses Net::SMTP to send email, though
    there are other options.

    I find coding with MIME::Lite considerably more straightforward than
    coding with Net::SMTP directly and regard it as a good choice for the job.

    But you're right - the OP is going to need Net::SMTP (probably) as well.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Nov 5, 2003
  6. Anurat Chapanond

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Ben Morrow wrote:

    >You don't, unless you want to send MIME email.
    >
    >You do need something to send mail, probably Net::SMTP.

    MIME::Lite is a lot easier to set up to send mail, than Net::SMTP is,
    even for messages that don't use MIME. The advantage of it is that it
    can use several ways to send mail, and hides the dirty details.

    To the OP: yes, MIME::Lite can be used on Windows. In particular in the
    newest update, several features to make your life easier on Windows,
    have been added.

    --
    Bart.
    Bart Lateur, Nov 6, 2003